My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Zane's Baby Shower


It was incredibly handy for my friend to name her son in such a way that his initials gave me a theme for his invitations.  Thanks Taylor!

Actually, this design was inspired by her very fresh and modern nursery.  She had black furniture and the bedding was grey and black and deep caramel yellow.  I found this paper under "wedding" at Archivers.  Basically anything muted is considered wedding - which is bizzarre in my opinion. You can't tell from the photo, but the paper is a thick vellum and has this perfect, textural shimmer.  Not traditional baby shower paper, let me tell you!

With my Cricut, I used Doodletype for the letters, and the In My Garden cartridge for the leaves.  That is the border style, so those three leaves are actually one piece.

No comments: