My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beth's Baby Shower Invite


I have this cricut cartridge called In My Garden and I love it.  It is so cute and happy with all these butterflies, ladybugs, daisies (my fav!!), and other flowers.  So when my sister-in-law, Beth, chose daisy bedding from Pottery Barn Kids for her daughter's nursery, I was thrilled to bust out my Cricut and get cutting!

The background is a textured yellow cardstock (yellow is Beth's favorite color).  I used patterned pink paper to mat the copy, which is normal printer paper.  Each flower bloom and center are different papers.  The stems and the 'grass' are from the same textured cardstock.  I just used different size settings on my cricut so that the stems didn't match exactly.  Because everything was so delicate, I had to use glue stick to adhere all the flowers.  Then I placed the 'grass' along the bottom to hide the bottoms of the stems.  I used my pinking shears to make it look like grass, but left it smooth along the bottom - flush with the edge of the yellow cardstock.

No comments: