My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Panty Exchange 2012

So I have this friend, Misty.  She is amazing, and had this great idea to have a panty exchange in preparation for Valentine's Day.  That way, ladies could naughty-up their panty stash right before the biggest panty-related holiday of the year!

We invited loads of women, who all said yes, and then divided everybody up into groups.  Each group had five women, and each woman in the group was assigned a unique category.  They were:  Soft & Simple, Naughty Newlywed, Elegant Evening, Sporty Sexy, and Feelin' Frisky.  Before the party, I emailed each lady and told them their category and the sizes they needed to buy for the ladies that would be in their group.  Then they could go shopping and pick out undies in their given category.

On the night of the party, each lady brought 4 pairs of undies.  And then we all exchanged!  So each lady went home with a pair of panties from each category - 4 new pairs!  (or 5, if you buy yourself a pair in your category - I know I did!!)

I realize most of you are confused, but it's like bunco.  Once you've played it, you realize how simple it is.

To add another layer of mind-blowing confusion - when I was sending emails getting everyone's size info, we also asked each lady to tell us the name of their favorite love song.  Then Misty made a CD with all those songs for everyone to take home as a party favor.  And it made the perfect party soundtrack!


We had the best night - good friends, wine, and fancy snacks.   Mark played xbox upstairs - and my kids all slept through the madness going on downstairs.  It was so much fun, and hopefully, will become an annual tradition.


No comments: