My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Owen's 1st Birthday Invitation


I have to give my sister in law, Stephanie, some credit here.  Without her, the cutest picture EVER would not have been taken.  The battery in her camera died, so she picked up mine and started taking pictures of a random january day playing in my inlaws backyard.  When I sat down to download pictures, I came across this  amazing shot of Owen!!  I love it so much that I have it framed in my living room.

And because it is so darn cute, this invitation became the first to include a picture.  It seems weird now that I never thought to use a photo, but I'm just telling you what happened!

As you will see often, I used my Cricut to cut out the letters - once for the letter and then again with the shadow feature to get the white outline.  So they are two pieces of paper each.  The copy is normal printer paper on a dark red cardstock mat and then there is an orange polkadot grosgrain ribbon running the length of the background.  I used my inkjet printer to print out the picture.  I'm curious how this will age vs a "kodak lab" aka walgreens print, but I guess only time will tell!

No comments: