My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cupcake Birthday #2


This one was for my niece, for her first birthday.  It's the first time I've done one that is action-packed.  I actually constructed this two ways.  The first, and the one pictured, involves untying the ribbon and the cupcake wrapper folds out and you can see the copy.


The way I decided to do it in the long run, was a bit different.  

I made the wrapper permanent, and made the cupcake a separate piece that you slid out of the wrapper.  It looked the same as the final product (top pic), but Mark felt like it was a stretch to expect the casual recipient to understand they were supposed to untie the bow.  So I changed the design!

This was not a Cricut project.  I handcut each piece and then bordered it with the Stickles glitter glue.  

Also, just to let you know, you'll get much cuter bows/knots, if you tie your ribbon upside down.  Flip the whole thing over, tie your bow, and then you'll see what I mean.  I don't know why, but it just turns out better.



No comments: