My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tangled Birthday Invitation


This one - totally - is my favorite.  It was last year, when Lizzie turned 5 and she wanted a Tangled party.  Thankfully, I had no trouble finding the bohemian style papers, crushed velvet ribbon in just-the-right brown.  Seriously, it's just perfect for her tower in the hidden meadow!  Oh my gosh one this was so fun!

The base cardstock is a plum, with another dark brown square as a double mat.  Then there are four different patterned papers.  One is actually gold vellum, one a tan paper with a cracked finish, and the other two are floral patterns that coordinate.  The harlequin pattern is actually a paper I already had.  It was so perfect for this project.

The flowers (there are 5, of course) were sort of a project.  First off, they come in white at the store.  Actually, a cream color.  Then I bought this spray glitter paint that comes in every color (I used sugar plum) and sprayed them until I got the color I wanted.  Some are darker, some lighter, some have full coverage with no white visible, and some are a bit less opaque.  They are paper flowers, but they act like fabric the way they soak in the spray.  I used a cardboard box and lined it with newspaper and sprayed away, then let them dry overnight.

Then I took this glitter glue, called Stickles, I think, and added glitter effects.  The flowers come already textured, so some I just rubbed the glitter on them, others I did the outline.  Then I stuck embellishments with my Dot adhesive into the center of each bloom.  I used rhinestones, sequins, etc.  Whatever struck my fancy!

I used the 3d foamy squares to pop out the copy, which I rubbed pink chalk on the border of for an extra softness.  It's such an easy technique and adds so much to pretty much everything.

No comments: