My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Polka Dot Birthday


This one is actually very simple, and would be an easy one to start with, if you are so inclined.  I used various ribbons - some I had already - to make this little bouquet of color.  The dollar spot at target would be a super place to find cheap ribbon.  You don't need a ton, just get some variety.  There are solids, polka dot, grosgrain, and satin in my little group.  But anything would work.  Sometimes they sell spools of coordinated ribbons all together.  Jackpot.

So I started with my thick, brown cardstock - you want something sturdy for the base - and stuck on my two background papers.  I used Dots - they are little 'dots' of adhesive that stick to anything and come in various sizes for all your needs!  I grouped my ribbons together loosely and then stapled them together.  Not to the paper - that would obviously go all the way through.  Just staple the ribbons together.  Then I used my Dots to stick the group to the paper and covered the staple with my "2" circles.  If you don't have a cricut, you could buy a sticker to put here and cut the circle out yourself.  Totally doable.

No comments: