My motherhood...in my words

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Helicopter Birthday Invitation


I'm not kidding, this one was a lot of work.

However.

When Charlie turned one, we were moving out of our first house.  Like that day.  So his first 'invitation' was actually an evite begging our friends to come and help us load the moving truck in exchange for some pizza and a spot on the floor to sit down.  So let the record show that this one counts for two.

Anyways, my son loves helicopters, so I tracked down a Cricut cartridge called Boys Will Be Boys that contains a zillion boy related things.  You'll be seeing another one - the firetruck - this summer for his 4th bday. I used that to cut out the helicopter and the windshield.  The 3 is from a different cartridge, as well as the c-h-a-r-l-i-e letters.  Those are from Doodletype.  (I pretty much always use Doodletype, since I don't have many font cartridges.)   Each triangle was cut by hand absolutely random.  That was a fun project afterwards trying to  hunt for triangles long or wide enough to fit each letter.  (sorry h)

I used a glue stick to adhere the letters to each triangle and an itty bitty hole punch for the two holes across the top.  I used blue floss to thread through the triangles to make the banner.  (I need a shoulder rub just thinking about it.) Then I just put two brads and wrapped the floss around them to secure it.   I didn't glue it down in any way, it just flops around and dangles naturally.  I thought that was fun, but if you are worried about it getting spastic in the mail, you could tack down a few to keep it secure.

The copy is - you guessed it - from my printer, and I secured it with smaller nickel brads to the plaid background cardstock.  I used little 3d foam stickers to pop out the helicopter, so it wasn't flat on the grey background.

No comments: